Busisa Safari Lodge is ideal for a Kruger Park holiday, golfing adventures at Hans Merensky Estate, resort sports and activities, Oliphant river cruises, historic tours and great sightseeing.
Kruger National Park activities include a unique golfing experience on the championship 18-hole course at Hans Merensky Estate where Elephant, Giraffe and other wildlife can be seen. This estate has a variety of other recreational facilities or guests can relax at Busisa Safari Lodge around the private pool.
The Kruger National Park Phalaborwa gate is 5 minutes drive from the lodge. Guests can set off on various self-drive routes for game viewing or take a professional game drive. The famous Big Five animals (Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Buffalo and Rhino) as well as many other fascinating species are resident in the Kruger Park and in surrounding game reserves. Bird watchers can arrange birding walks or safaris.
This region also has a variety of animal sanctuaries, museums and cultural sites to visit. The Open Mine Pit is one of the largest open cast copper mines in the world. For something different, the Amarula Lapa showcases a famous liqueur which is made from the fruits of the African marula tree which is plentiful in this region. Nearby is the largest Baobab tree in the world and a variety of magnificent scenic routes such as the Blyde River Canyon.
- Game drives - day / night in Kruger Park and other game reserves
- Golf - on the famous Hans Merensky Golf Course (18-holes)
- Spa and gym - at the Hans Merensky Hotel
- Squash and tennis courts - Hans Merensky Estate
- Restaurants - 3 on the Hans Merensky Estate
- Museums and cultural tours
- River cruises on the Olifants River
- Microlight flights, sky diving, horse riding and many more adventures